- English is the language of instruction at Almadina. As part of the International Languages Options programs, parents may request that their child be taught French, Arabic Language and Culture, or English Language Learner Enhancement.
- All students at Almadina are given various entrance and exit language proficiency tests to gauge their language acquisition skills in English or an International Language.
- Based on English language proficiency test results, students are placed in a sheltered classroom. The placement tests assess the student's listening, speaking, reading and writing skills. Jim Cummins' Basic Interpersonal Communication Skills (BICS) and Cognitive Academic Language Proficiency (CALP) are indispensable considerations in student placement.
- The second language option offered to students is subject to enrollment, qualified staff and guidelines that are based on the Alberta Programs of Study for International Languages.
- At Almadina we have developed a strong language across the curriculum approach. Teachers are both language acquisition facilitators as well as subject and/or grade level specialists.